As we are winding down 2010, I’ve been thinking back over this past year. What a crazy ride it’s been. I started thinking about all that our family has been through as I was trying to think about our Christmas card for the year. For some strange reason, creating our family Christmas card sort of put me in a contemplative mood. It’s weird I know, but somehow to me, our Christmas card sort of sums it all up. Trying to find that perfect picture, or that perfect verse…how on earth could I ever sum up this year?
I’ve decided to keep a running list of the things I’ve learned in 2010; things you can’t say in a card. I’m sure as the days go by I will be able to add MUCH more to this list. Here we go:
- God is good, all the time.
- Never underestimate the worth of grandparents living close by!
- Things could always be worse than they really are.
- One of life’s biggest blessings is a Godly spouse.
- Date nights are worth every penny!
- God shows himself in the strangest, most unexpected places in the times you need it most.
- Love for your child is a powerful emotion!
- Life really is out of my control (as much as my type A personality likes to think otherwise! ;))
- My mind is sometimes my worst enemy.
- Use every opportunity a babysitter is available!
- The internet can be a very scary thing.
- God is good, all the time (again :))